Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Regarding Katrina: Meet Tawni Corazon~

As I'm working on my outlines for Regarding K today, I thought I might share it on here.
It's a journal entry of a boy named Jay written seven years from now, about a girl named Tawni.

I met a really interesting new girl yesterday. She was in my roommate's study group.
As I stepped back into our apartment after work, she turned to look at me and her dark hair followed. The first thing I noticed was that she was in all black and it made her green eyes pierce.
And then those eyes sparkled.
She looked at me with an intensity I'd never seen from a girl before.
As I walked off to my bathroom to shower, I heard her ask my roommate, "Who is that?"
I never imagined anyone could have a crush on me.
I left the bathroom with only a towel wrapped around my waist. She was just standing there looking at me. I didn't mean to shout a swear at her.
She started talking to me. She was surprisingly open with me. We told each other about our pasts, our parents. We talked about Hurricane Katrina. She feels as strongly about the tragedy as I do, only on an opposite spectrum.
She asked me if she could show me her home.
I got dressed, putting a lot more thought into it than I normally do.
We walked out of my apartment hand-in-hand.
We got into her car, and she drove me to her home.
I still can't fathom it, where she lives.
I've only been here one time before, and I barely even remember it.
As she parked her car behind the peachy colored abandoned house, I told her about my one trip here. She listened intently and then graced me with various stories of her times here. She's a really good story-teller.
We went through the fence and she took me to the empty admittance station so I could get the full effects.
This place is pretty eerie: Six Flags over New Orleans.
The park hasn't even been in operation for sixteen years, but I swear you can still hear the happy squeals of children.
She took me back to the building where she sleeps. It's SpongeBob. I don't remember him at all from my time here.
The building doesn't even look how she described the ride. She said it had been a 3D interactive ride, that it was like an iMax theatre.
It does not look like a theatre now. It is very... pink inside. The walls are covered in pink velvet. She even figured out how to put in a hardwood floor. She fixed the simulator seat and covered it in pink cushions. The front row of cushions she has filled with various stuffed animals from around the park. She cleaned them up very nicely. She fixed their holes with buttons and little patches. The back row is the one she sleeps in.
We snuggled together in that back row.
The only part of the ride that she kept intact was the theatre screen itself. She set up a battery operated projector that she's attached to her tablet to play movies on.
We watched an old animated one.
Once the movie was over, she showed me her favorite broken down ride, which for the life of me I can't remember the name of. And then she drove me home.
My roommate had already left for the graveyard shift at his job. He'd left the lights simply dimmed. Something smelled of incense.
"What time is it?" she asked me.
I told her that it was almost one and I didn't think she should drive in the dark alone.
She agreed. And then she suggested that we were both probably dusty from our time at the park. So we took our very first shower together.
In the shower, I washed her wavy hair and asked how she gets showered while she's living at the park.
She laughed and told me that she gets cleaned up at the college.
She attends the University of New Orleans with my roommate.
She kissed me for the first time in the shower. And then she slapped soap over my mouth.
She has the prettiest little tinker of a laugh.
We got dressed together, but our clothes didn't stay on long.
She's so tender and pliable, her skin soft. You never could imagine that she lives in such a harsh place as an abandoned park.
I lost my virginity to her last night, but I could tell she has done this before.
I wanted to just hold her afterward, so I did. I somehow ended up telling her about my lost batman stuffed animal when I was four while I did.Her beauty just made me get lost in the story.
When I woke up this morning, she was dressed in all black again, but they were my clothes. One day I'm going to get to the bottom of why she dresses the way she does.
She was sitting at my desk, finishing up her work for class. She explained to me that she had two morning classes. and then one in the afternoon. She thought that she would have to take a nap in between. She insinuated that I should meet her at the SpongeBob ride to take the nap with her.
I didn't have to work today, so I met up with her at the exact time she told me to. She's so cuddable.
When I woke up just a little while ago, she had already gone. But she left a Batman stuffed animal in her place.

No comments:

Post a Comment